FPC is home to the Wayne Food Pantry, an ecumenical organization dedicated to serving the residents of Wayne County, Nebraska, who are in need. The Wayne Food Pantry was started nearly 30 years ago by concerned members of St. Mary’s Catholic Church of Wayne and FPC. The Food Pantry enjoys close relationships with area organizations, schools, businesses, and churches.
Here are some FAQ’s:
I need help with food. What do I do?
Call the church office at (402) 375-2669, or e-mail us at email@example.com. We are open Tuesday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. All inquiries are confidential.
Who is eligible to be served?
- You must be a resident of Wayne County.
- You must have a photo ID.
- You need to provide basic information for record-keeping (name, address, etc.).
- You may receive food up to three times each year.
How can I donate food?
- You may drop food off your non-perishable items at our church’s building (216 West Third Street)
- You may leave your non-perishable donations at either Pac N Save or Quality Foods in Wayne
Can I make a monetary donation instead of food?
Absolutely yes! Funds are used to give families fresh food, in addition to the non-perishable goods from our facility. Make checks payable to the “Wayne Food Pantry,” and send them to our church’s office. Thank you!
What are some items the Food Pantry needs?
Any healthy, filling, non-perishable foods are acceptable. We also have needs for diapers and other paper goods and health/beauty aids. Here is a list of possible items:
- boxed meals (Hamburger Helper)
- canned meat (tuna, chicken)
- peanut butter
- macaroni & cheese
- rice and rice dinners (Rice-a-Roni)
- pasta & sauce
- canned fruit
- canned soup
- canned vegetables
- cereals & oatmeal
- flour & sugar
- diapers (all sizes)
- toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste)
- paper products (toilet paper, paper towels)
And introducing the Backpack Program! The Backpack Program serves school children in Wayne County who need a little extra food, especially on weekends during the school year. Here are some FAQ’s about the Backpack Program:
How can I donate to the Backpack Program?
You can give cash or food donations. Checks can be made out to the “Wayne Food Pantry” and directed to the church’s office (216 W. 3rd St., Wayne, NE 68787).
What items does the program need?
Any individually packaged, healthy foods, such as:
- granola bars
- unsweetened applesauce
- fruit cups
- microwavable meals
- macaroni and cheese